04 September, 2023

No Prayer?

 Several years ago now, I had one of my good friends preach at my church while I was on vacation. His message got some people very upset. When I returned home I had several phone calls and had others stop by to discuss his message. I was told by more than one person that my friend had said that there was no need to pray. I knew better, but I met and talked with him about his message. What he said was prayer without action was pointless. He explained that if you pray for the salvation of loved ones but never tell them about Jesus your prayers are dead. Another point he made was praying for God to use you for His glory but never stepping out in faith and doing what you’ve been praying for was nothing but hot air because God will never make you do what you are not willing to stretch out your faith and do. He was absolutely correct. The reality is that people got mad because his message cut straight to the chase concerning their folly. It’s easy to sit back and do nothing and say, “I prayed about it.” We must turn that thinking on its ear. Pray, believe, and then step out and do it!

That’s when the manifest presence of God will be known!

No comments: