01 January, 2008

Mid-West Weather

So, it has never been a secret that I am not crazy about the weather where I live. OK... I hate the weather where I live!
If I had my choice, I would be on a beach in Florida today flying a kite to celebrate the New Year. But God, in His infinite humor thinks it funny to have me living and pastoring in Galesburg, Illinois. Don't get me wrong; I love the church I pastor, and I love this area... at least 7 months of the year anyway. No, I love this community, but I sure do hate the weather.
Let me illustrate why, for those of you who are not from this area. Right now it is 7 degrees here with a windchill of -17 d
egrees, and it is supposed to get colder tonight. We have had several inches of snow since this time yesterday. Let's just say it is not a pleasant day. Now here's where it really gets weird. Tomorrow we are supposed to have a high temperature of 11. The next day (Thursday), it will reach 32, Friday will be about 38 and Saturday it will be 50 degrees and Sunday 56. then it will begin to decline again, and by Wednesday, we will be back to 10 degrees and heavy snow predicted for Thursday. They have a saying here in the mid-west, "If you don't like the weather here, just wait 15 minutes." It is insane. Maybe you can see why I long for the beach?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.