01 January, 2008

Who Knew?


I was just watching the Today Show and these two women (haven't got a clue who the were) and Al Roker were talking about the biggest winners and losers of 2007. Basically they used the time to just trash people and promote those who they liked. They also looked ahead to 2008 and predicted who will have the best 2008. Then Al Roker asked the ladies, "If you could give one piece of advise to people for 2008, what would that be?" Their answer? "Stop blogging...it's not cool anymore! No one cares what you have to say. Just stop."

Cool? I never knew it was cool to blog. Who knew it? I've been cool for the last couple of years of my life and I never even knew it! But now, if I want to keep being "cool" I have to stop blogging. What a dilemma? Keep doing something I enjoy doing and be so uncool that these two unknown women on TV loath me, or I can immediately stop blogging and continue to be cool and accepted. What to do, what to do?
I think I'll just be uncool.

You know, the sad thing is that many people will hear something like those two insignificant people declaring what is cool and uncool and alter their lives. They will vote for a particular candidate because that is who is ahead in the various primaries. They will stop wearing certain clothing and begin wearing another, because someone says "This is in, this is not."
I can't speak for anyone else, but I refuse to be influenced by that kind of stupidity. some folks have to have the latest game, phone, computer or whatever, just because that is "cool." I choose to do what I like, what I enjoy, what I desire because it is my choice, not theirs.


No comments: