05 October, 2017

It's Not a Laughing Matter!

For those who do not know my church and I are doing "drive-thru prayer" in varying places in town where we set up and are there praying over our city and the people driving by. We also have people pull in for prayer and have seen several people led to Christ through this effort. Well, last night as we were doing this, one car was stopped at a traffic light and was within about 10 feet of me. I was holding a sign which read: "Praying for You!"  I do not mean this to sound judgmental, but is the reality of the situation. Both the man and the woman in this car had all the tell-tale signs of extensive alcohol and drug abuse in their physical appearance. She was driving and he was on the passenger side and he leaned out of his window and yelled out, "You are going to have to pray extra hard for me, you son of a bitch cause I'm on my way to Hell and enjoying the trip!" They were laughing as I said, "You don't have to go tell Hell, all you need is Jesus!" He replied, "I want to go to Hell!"  As they drove off, my heart was breaking. These people have no possible grasp of the reality of what they were saying. The thought of the prospect of this man spending eternity in Hell with the memory of those words running over and over in his mind is simply beyond what I care to imagine. It's not a laughing matter. Hell is real and people do go there. I pray for these two and so many others who have bought into the lie that Hell is going to be a big party with all of their friends.

No comments: