18 March, 2015

This Winter Messed Me Up!

With the damp cool weather we have where I live, my arthritis flares up terribly, and when that happens, I find myself eating a LOT more sweets. Ironically, I don't really eat a lot of really sweet foods most of the time, but when I am in pain, I crave them and binge on them. I knew I was eating a lot more this winter, and I finally climbed on a scale a couple of days ago and about had a heart attack. I knew I'd put on a "few" pounds, but i was shocked to see that I'd put on just a little over 14 pounds since November. That puts me at the heaviest weight I've been in more than 4 years. That was it. I've thrown down the challenge and I'm determined to drop 15 pounds by July 1 and another 10 pounds by the end of the year. I'm determined. Enough of this. 

As of Monday morning, I weighed in at 218.5. I've started cutting back on what I am eating already and as soon as this toe heals up enough, it's time to start walking and getting some exercise again. I'm going to try to give regular updates and I'm asking my friends and family to ask me how I'm doing from time to time and hold me accountable. 

No comments: