14 July, 2014

Silent No More

I have been fairly quiet on my blog concerning political matters for quite some time. This was an intentional thing on my part, but a message from someone this weekend provoked me. It was one of my friends who is extremely liberal in her thinking and she thanked me for being silent. Her next comment is what provoked me. She said, "Christians just need to shut their mouths and let politics take care of itself." Now you've done it lady! You've gone too far. What you in effect said to me is that as a Christian, I have no voice in America! I will be silent no more! How dare you to assert that as a non-Christian you have rights that I do not have as a Christian! I know, you will say that I interpreted your comment wrong... but I got what you said loud and clear. Not only do I have the right to speak up, I have a duty to speak up! Let me quote from my sermon a couple of weeks ago: 
During the 1800’s, Alexis de Toqueville, a famous French political philosopher, visited America seeking to uncover the secret of our greatness. He traveled from town to town, asking questions, examining every aspect of our society, & then wrote his conclusions in his famous work, “Democracy in America.” In it, he penned these words that have been quoted in speeches by at least 3 sitting U.S. Presidents:

"I sought for America’s greatness. I found it not in her fields & forests.
I found it not in her mines & factories.
I found it not in her Congress & great tribunals.
It was only when I entered her churches and heard her pulpits thundering against sin and preaching righteousness that I discovered her greatness. 
America is great because America is good.
If America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great."
(emphasis mine)

Today the liberal crowd wants to tell us that the church cannot be involved in politics, screaming "separation of church and state."
That is one of the most grievous errors concerning our Nation and our Constitution that has ever been uttered. No where does the Constitution even begin to insinuate that God or religion should be kept out of governing this Nation. What is does say is that the Government cannot interfere with one's right to worship or not worship. Period. 

Now days the left leaning crowd is pushing the idea that if a person chooses to be a Christian, they lose their right to free speech and other freedoms. Just last week Senator Chuck Schumer asserted that one can either choose religion or business, but not both.  Again, pushing the notion that if a person is religious, they lose rights afforded to those who are not religious.  

Enough.
I will be silent no more.


No comments: