30 October, 2013

Why I Don't Do Halloween

Yep, it's that time again... I get asked every year why I don't participate in all the Halloween activities. I could go much deeper, but it always easier for me to go back in time and re-post this short entry  from 2005 which gives an overview. Take note that this was not put out by a church or religious group, the American Folklore Center to give a short history of Halloween.

31 October, 2005


What's Halloween About Anyway?

I get these questions every year about this time. "What is Halloween?" "Why don't you let your kids dress in costumes and go trick or treating?" "Why don't we have a Halloween party at the church?"

I don't ask try to force my beliefs on this on everyone, but I do have some very solid convictions about this. Rather than spend all morning trying to give my view, I want to just share a slide taken from the American Folklore Center. This is not a religious organization at all. They just simply report facts about American Folklore.
I hope this slide is large enough for you to read it.
Here is what they say about Halloween:

No comments: