27 December, 2012

27 Years... Wow!

A few hours ago, Libby and I were walking through Wal-mart and we saw an outfit for little boys with pants, vest, shirt and tie. I said, "remember those days?" I commented about how sometimes it seems like such a long time ago, but then other times it seems like yesterday. Our son is 22 years old now.  Just a few minutes later, I said something about our time together. Tomorrow we will celebrate our 27th anniversary. I said that it is hard to believe it has been that long, but then at the same time, it seems like we've been together forever. I mean, we've now been together for half my life. I know about everything there is to know about this woman. I can identify her by the sound of her walk from 3 aisles over in Wal-mart. Seriously. But it does seem impossible to believe we've been together this long. Just doesn't seem possible. I guess the old saying is true, "Time sure flies when you are having fun!"  It's been a great 27 years hon, and I'm looking forward to many more with you!

No comments: