07 March, 2012

Accepting What We Cannot Explain

I had a devotion this week that spoke about this topic, and I've not been able to get it out of my mind ever since.  You and I can "select" our miracle. We choose what to pray for, to ask for and to seek God for. But for all the asking and seeking, we must come to terms with the fact that only God can choose the how He will answer. Only He can determine by what method or the means by which He will answer or send it to us. We don't always understand... or even agree with how God works. I've seen people receive an absolute miracle, and rather than rejoice over what God has done, people want to argue that "this is not how God would move."  May I remind you that Jesus once spit on the ground and made mud to put on the eyes of a blind man and heal him? (Yeah, that would go over big today!)  God's methods can be puzzling to us in our natural mind, but we must learn to accept them. One thing I have learned over the years... those who argue over the methods of God very seldom
receive from God.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the Heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."  (Isaiah 55:8-9)

No comments: