04 November, 2010

Jehovah-Jireh - The Lord Will Provide

Just in case you've been living in a box or with your head in the sand, let me clue you in... our economy is in trouble. Serious trouble. I won't even go into the political debate of whose fault it is... that's for another day. For now, suffice it to say that we are in serious trouble. The unemployment rate is still hovering between 9% and 10% somewhere in middle. Today, the news broke that in the last week another 20,000 people filed for unemployment. The numbers are staggering, with nearly half a million people out of work. The so called "stimulus package" has failed. Home foreclosures are skyrocketing.  In Galesburg alone... a city of under 34,000 people, there are currently 185 homes that have are listed as foreclosure completed and the banks are trying to sell them. When you consider that there are 8,478 owner occupied (not rental)  homes in Galesburg, this is a staggering number. I'm not trying to be an alarmist; I'm just saying, "we are in trouble!"


Yesterday the Fed's announce that the are going to monetize our debt by simply printing $600 Billion. If you are not savvy when it comes to economics, that may sound awesome, but let me inform you, this is a very dangerous thing.  What this will do is deflate the value of the dollar on the world exchange. Consider that merchants in other nations will not want to accept the US dollar because literally, it will not be worth the paper it is printed on, and you see the US on a crash course for disaster. If you want a picture of what our nation's economy will look like, take a look at Greece. This is where we are heading. You have been warned!


I know... I am full of good new today. 
Well, actually, I am. The reason I am writing this blog today is not to be the prophet of doom and gloom, (although I am telling you, it is going to get bad). No, my purpose in writing is to tell you this...


I was praying this morning and asking God about these things and how to prepare for the future. And in my spirit, this is what I heard: "Proclaim that the days coming will bring pain and suffering the such that have not been seen since the days of Elijah when I brought drought and famine upon the land. As I provided for my prophet and the widow and her son, I will supply for those who put their trust in me. The cupboard shall not be empty nor the cup run dry. Stay in the place where I have placed you and trust in my provision until I bring the rain again." 


I'm not one to stand and proclaim myself as a prophet, but I know I heard the voice of God, and I am sounding the alarm. I'm not calling for stock piling and hoarding... I'm calling for complete trust in the Lord. He is Jehovah-Jireh... which means "The Lord who provides." 
I am reminded of the words of the psalmist in Psalm 37:25, "I have been young, and [now] am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."


Think I am a nut if you want... but I'm just obeying the Lord.

No comments: