08 September, 2010

Who's To Blame?


I was chatting online with someone a few minutes ago and he was regurgitating the Democratic mantra that the current economic woes were the fault of the Republican party and George W. Bush. I asked him to give me some facts. He could not. I told him that Obama has run the nation's deficit up 4 times more than what it was under George Bush. He called me a liar and told me to prove it when I told him it was a fact. I told him to give me a few minutes and I would post the actual numbers on my blog. 
So, my friend, here is a graph, showing what the deficit was under Bush and where it is now under Obama. Further, you will note the projections for the next several years, and in these you will see that while Obama has made a promise to cut the deficit in half by the end of his term, that "half" will still be almost twice the deficit that he inherited from Bush. 


So you tell me... since the Democrats took control of Congress in 2006, what has happened to the deficit?
When will people stop drinking the Kool-Aid and look at the facts and learn to think things through for themselves? 
The numbers do not lie. 


How's that stimulus plan working out for ya?



No comments: