27 October, 2009

What's Halloween About Anyway?

It's that time again, and I've been asked at least 6 times in the past 3 days about Halloween. I decided to pull a post from 4 years ago and re-post it.


Monday, October 31, 2005
What's Halloween About Anyway?
I get these questions every year about this time. "What is Halloween?" "Why don't you let your kids dress in costumes and go trick or treating?" "Why don't we have a Halloween party at the church?"

I don't ask try to force my beliefs on this on everyone, but I do have some very solid convictions about this. Rather than spend all morning tr
ying to give my view, I want to just share a slide taken from the American Folklore Center. This is not a religious organization at all. They just simply report facts about American Folklore.
I hope this slide is large enough for you to read it.

Here is what they say about Halloween:


If you click on the picture it will enlarge.



Posted by Darrell at Monday, October 31, 2005 0 comments

No comments: