29 October, 2009

What Difference Do It Make?


First a confession: Before receiving this book, I had never even heard of "What Difference Do It Make" by Ron Hall, Denver Moore and Lynn Vincent. When I did receive "What Difference Do It Make?" in the mail, I was not so sure that I’d even make it through this book. Honestly, I set it aside and did not pick it up for a couple of weeks. A few days ago I finally picked it back up and thought I give it a quick glance. As I thumbed through the pages, I found myself getting interested, and before I realized it, I had dove in and read the book through in one sitting. I found reading this book almost as if I were sitting in my living room and having a conversation with the authors as they shared his life stories. As a reader, you cannot help but feel involved in the lives of these men. They just seem real as they open themselves up and make themselves vulnerable to the reader. The funny thing is, from life’s perspective, Ron and Denver would not even be paired together, yet fate did indeed bring them together and their message of hope and healing is profound as they speak of stepping out of their self defined comfort zones and learn to let God be God, and take control of their lives. I highly recommend this book, and will admit that I’m getting ready to go back and read the first book now.



I review for Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers

No comments: