07 September, 2009

God is Not Love?

Wow. Just listened to a preacher say that this message that God is love is a false Gospel; that God is "ticked off at the world and wants to pour out his wrath." Really? I think I read somewhere that, "God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son..." And I think that I read in another place " Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins."

People are listening to this guy and eating it up. They are loving this message that God is "ticked off at the world" but my Bible tells me that while I was yet a sinner, God loved me. Not that he was so ticked off that he wanted to come in and beat us and slaughter us... he loved us so much that he sent his son, his only son, Jesus Christ, and that if we believe on him, we are saved. That does not sound like a "ticked off" God if you ask me.

Reject that non-sense! If you will notice, this guy keeps saying to "stop listening to anyone else, because they will deceive you. The fact is that this man knows that if you listen to others, you will see the error in what he is saying, so he wants to isolate you from others and have you indoctrinated only in what he has to say.

Run!


No comments: