05 November, 2008

What Now?

So, the election is over, and we have a new President elect in Barack Obama. So now what? Where do we go from here? We, all of us, as Americans rally around our President and we pray for him and all of our leaders. I've been amazed that since I put up my last post about being proud, I have been blasted by many people either by email, text message or on a messaging board that I use. I've been called a traitor, accused of playing the race card, and a host of names that I will not go into. How sad that people are filled with such hatred and hold such racial issues in their hearts. Again, as if there were any doubt, I did not support Obama and his platform concerns me, and yes, it even scares me. But he is going to be our next President. As a citizen of the United States of America, I will look to him as my leader and will respect the office he holds. Does this mean I will agree with everything he does or says? Nope, and I will speak out when it is needed. But I will not belittle the office he holds. More than anything, I want to encourage everyone, especially those of us who are born again Christians to lift this man (and our Nation) up before the Lord. We need to pray for his soul. We need to pray for God to give him wisdom and to surround him with people that are Godly people. None of us knows God's plan. Who knows but that God has a plan for Obama and the U.S. that we cannot see? Forget political parties... I am praying that God uses this man to turn this Nation around and takes us to greater heights. I'm praying that there is a visitation of the Holy Ghost to Mr. Obama that shakes and transforms his life. I've already heard people praying that America falls flat and he is out in 4 years. Are you people serious? This is us! This is our Nation, our economy, our court system... I pray we grow and prosper as never before. I pray that I am pleasantly surprised by what Obama does and all those things that I have feared become nothing but distant memories.

What now? I preached it Sunday morning in my church? We pray for a revival to sweep America. Revival is not concerning the lost... it is RE-viving that which is asleep or life-less... and I am speaking of the church in America. When the church awakens and shakes off the slumber, then we will see souls saved... we will see people begin to walk in obedience to the Word of God, and we will see God's blessings on our land.

I remind you of this, God's plan for revival:
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I can hear the Lord saying to us, the church:

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

No comments: