23 September, 2008

Still the One

This weekend my wife and I had some time to be alone and even though we both had a ton of work to be done, not to mention a lot of house work that should have been done, we decided to just go out to Lake Storey and take a walk and just enjoy the day and some time together. Life can get so hectic sometimes that these moments become priceless to us. Libby suggested that I take the camera and get some shots of the lake and park area, which I did. While I was taking some pictures of the lake, I turned around and there was my wife, climbing up in a tree. 44 years old and still acting like a little kid... that's one of the reasons I love her so much.


So babe, this one's for you...
Just want you to know that I love you, need you and I am so thankful that the Lord placed you in my life.

I was thinking of some of the lyrics to an old song that says, you're still the one...

You're still the one that makes me laugh
Still the one that's my better half
We're still having fun, and you're still the one

You're still the one that makes me strong
Still the one I want to take along
We're still having fun, and you're still the one

Changing, our love is going gold
Even though we grow old, it grows new

You are still the one that makes me shout
Still the one that I dream about
We're still having fun, and you're still the one...

I love you!

1 comment:

Libby said...

I love you too! Thanks for letting me be a kid sometimes!