29 January, 2008

Have You Checked Out the Fair Tax Plan?

I want to take a few minutes today to talk about the Fair Tax plan. I hope that people who read this blog will read all the way through this and check out this plan for yourself rather than listen to the naysayers who simply dismiss this plan with "It won't work" or "It will ruin the US."

I have to tell you that when I first was told of the Fair Tax plan, I was one of those naysayers. In fact, it took me well over a year to actually check out the plan, because I listened to all the "It's bad for America" hype. A friend kept challenging me to check it out for myself and he told me that if I actually read it all and still was against it that he would never pester me about it again. So after a year of his dogging me, I agreed to read through the website simply to get him to leave me alone. By the time I had read the page, I was so curious that I began to research the Fair Tax more and I am now absolutely sold that this is the most fair tax plan, the most simple tax plan and it would totally transform our nation and our lives.

The naysayers insist that the Fair Tax would end up costing the average American more in taxes, but if they would stop talking and investigate it for themselves, they would find their arguments proven false. They fail to take into account the fact that all income tax, estate taxes, social security tax and others is completely eliminated.


Take the time to check out these links:
This first one is a bit of an overview of the Fair Tax given on Mike Huckabee's website. (Huck is the only Presidential candidate in favor of the Fair Tax)

After you check out what Huckabee says about it, I challenge you (as my friend challenged me) to go to the Fair Tax website and check it out. Don't just glance at it; actually read it.

Then I challenge you to actually try the Fair Tax Calculator and see how the Fair Tax would effect you personally. If you would have asked me 4 months ago, I would have told you that the Fair Tax would hurt my family bad. In fact, I told several people that. But when I took the challenge, I found out that I came out far ahead (by a couple thousand dollars per year) using the Fair Tax plan.

One aspect that I love about the Fair Tax plan is that under this plan, EVERYONE pays tax. Right now, it is estimated that we have between 12 to 20 million illegal aliens living in America. Understand this... that means that between 12 - 20 million people living in this nation pay NOT ONE PENNY in taxes, while their children attend our schools that you and I pay taxes to pay for. They go to the emergency room and pay nothing, while our taxes pay for it. Do you get the picture? But under the Fair Tax plan, every time ANYONE purchases something, they pay tax. Immediately, we have 12 - 20 new tax payers helping to shoulder the load. Can you say "FAIR!"

Take this same concept a bit further:
What about the drug dealers, the prostitutes and those who work for cash under the table? Right now, they pay no tax. Under this plan, they are now on the tax roll, which will lighten the load on the rest of us.

And what about tourists visiting America? All of a sudden, these people will be helping to shoulder the tax burden in our country.

Before you start arguing about how it will raise your taxes and raise prices, take the time to thoroughly check it out. I'll wager that if you do check it out, you will come back here and say you are a convert to the Fair Tax Plan.

1 comment:

Phil Hoover said...

I have always believed in the FAIR TAX plan....