04 June, 2007

Whom Shall You Choose?

This morning I have been trying to get some work done while at the house before heading out for the day, but my daughter cannot seem to understand that just because I am at the house, it does not mean that I am not working. She seems to think that because she and her brother are on summer break from school, then daddy too must be on break. She never seems to understand that I can be actually working while here at the house, especially if I am on the computer. She equates computer time with play time, so if I am trying to study or write letters or anything else, she thinks that I ought to either stop and entertain her, or at least give up the computer so that she can play on Myspace. For the life of me, I have no comprehension of what one can do on Myspace for 4 or 5 hours at a time, but that child can do it.

At any rate... I had chased her out of the office in the house for like the 8th or 9th time while ago and I decided to pop in a CD to try to get my mind and attitude squared on the Lord, and I chose a CD of a friend whom I went to college with, Stephen Howard Wright. I was writing a couple of letters that needed to be sent out and suddenly the words to one of Steve's songs jumped out at me. They are powerful. I want to share them here:

Some say life is just a series of decisions
We make choices, We live and learn.
Now I'm standing at a crossroads
And I must choose which way to turn.
Down the one road lies all the world can offer
All its fortune its wealth and fame
Down the other is just a man with nail scars in His hands
But there is mercy in his eyes and there is power in His Name.......

I choose Jesus , I choose Jesus
Without a solitary Doubt I choose Jesus.
Not for miracles, but for loving me.
Not just for Bethlehem but for Calvary
Not for a day but for Eternity
I choose Jesus.

The words of this song beg the question: Who do you choose... and why? The reality is that we make this choice every day of our lives. I question sometimes, how many choose Jesus simply because of what they might receive? It seems that some folks are trying to "use" Jesus.

I won't labor the point... but I'm curious...

Whom shall you choose?


1 comment:

Barbara said...

I choose Jesus, Darrell. Here's why:

Without Him I could do nothing
Without Him I'd surely fail
Without Him I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail

Without Him I would be dying
Without Him I'd be enslaved
Without Him life would be worthless
But with Jesus thank God I'm saved

Oh Jesus, oh Jesus
Do you know Him today
Please don't turn Him away
Oh Jesus, my Jesus
Without Him how lost I would be
Without Him how lost I would be