30 June, 2007

Oh Lord, I'm Tired!

It seems that for the last month, life has been coming at me 100 MPH plus. I have more to do than I have time to do it. Finished one set for kids church and planned on starting the next right away. However... it 3 weeks later and it is still not started.
Still not had time to begin working on our bathrooms, and that needs to be done SO bad. But there just is not time. It did not help that I had an ear infection for the past week and did not have much energy to get up and go. Still, I had to run kids to camp on Monday and pick them up on Friday. There's 2 days shot, but very necessary.
I've spent all day today trying to get my sermon together, as well as prepare the monthly calendar and bulletin for church. Just finished those, but still got to run out and copy and fold them. Got a ton of yard work that has to be done this week because we have a teen party scheduled at our house this Friday. Don't know just when I will get to that!
People showing up at the door unannounced and wanting my time...
Phone call after phone call... demand upon demand...
Kids I've not seen all week, a son who I've barely seen in three weeks, yet everything is pulling at me... and Lord, I am SO tired!

I know I am not alone.
Many of you have the same kind of stuff in your life too.
But today... right at this moment...
I feel so shot that I've got nothing left to give.

I'm reminded of a song that I used to sing many years ago when I first gave my life to Christ and I began singing for him.
It goes:

Lord, you know I need a brand new touch, my strength from yesterday is gone
But if You'll give me, Lord, another touch, I'll have the strength to carry on
I thought the sun had come to stay, but all too soon it went away
And in it's place the storm clouds came, and with the clouds there came the rain
It rained so hard and oh, so long, beneath the storm I felt a calm
It was Your touch that brought me through it all, without Your help I'd surely fall


Lord, you know I need a brand new touch, my strength from yesterday is gone
But if You'll give me, Lord, another touch, I'll have the strength to carry on

But it matters not what comes my way, Lord, if you'll just touch me new each day
Your loving touch drives all my fears away, close by Your side I want to stay


Lord, you know I need a brand new touch, my strength from yesterday is gone
But if You'll give me, Lord, another touch, I'll have the strength to carry on


Lord, You know how weak I really am, oh, even better than myself
But with Your help I know I really can, make it through the darkest night
Everything's gonna be all right!


Lord, You know I need a brand new touch, my strength from yesterday is gone
But if You'll give me, Lord, just one more touch, I'll have the strength to carry on

Yep, Lord... I need a brand new touch!
Thankfully, I know that not only do you have it, waiting to give it to me...
I know it is mine and I WILL have that strength to carry on!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!!

Who is the Artist who wrote that song, "Lord You know I need a brand new touch"?

Lord Bless