01 November, 2021

God Moments

The following popped up in my memories from a couple of years ago and I wanted to post it here so that it does not get lost. There are little moments that we can miss if we do not stay tuned in to the Holy Spirit, and this was one of them.

God moments. I was sitting in a restaurant and noticed a woman sitting by herself and looked like she was carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. I kept noting how lonely and worried she looked. I felt that tug in my spirit, so I went over to her table, apologized for intruding, and asked her if I could pray for her. Her face lit up with a smile but began crying at the same time, and said she would appreciate my prayers. I quietly prayed for her and she asked me to sit down for a moment. She explained how she and her husband were passing through the area yesterday when he became very disoriented. She took him to the ER and they kept him for observation. She had stayed in a motel and had come in for breakfast and she said that she was sitting there and complaining to God because she was stuck in a place where no one knew her and no one cared and said, “then you showed up and God showed me his love and compassion through a total stranger.” We spoke for a couple of minutes before she left for the hospital. I shouldn’t be, yet once again I am amazed at how God works. I nearly walked out without saying a word because I’m so shy, but I’m thankful that once again my God came through like only He can.

There are so many "chance" elements that took place here that when one thinks about it one can only say, "that was God."  

* Ellen's husband is in the hospital in Peoria, but she did not feel safe in that area and asked a staff member at the hospital where she would recommend for her to stay and she sent her to Pekin to stay in a motel here. (That's 1.) 

* I was seriously thinking about not coming to Pekin today (I live an hour away) but decided to come anyway. (That's 2) 

* When I got to the office, I decided to go to eat a late breakfast and skip lunch. (That's 3)   

* I drove to a local restaurant that I normally frequent, but they were packed, so I decided to go elsewhere. (That's 4) 

* I was going to just go grab something at McDonald's, but on the way, I thought about going to Bob Evans, a place I had never eaten at in Pekin. (That's 5) 

So from God directing her from Peoria to Pekin, to his maneuvering me to the opposite end of town from where our church is, to put me in that place in a table directly across from where a couple of minutes later they would seat Ellen... I see God all over this!

Yep, we serve an amazing God!

No comments: