01 January, 2018

Looking for a New Start?

New Years Day 2018... and Facebook is filled with posts of people "starting over" or going to lose weight, stop smoking or any number of other resolutions that people are making as they start a new year. Of course, it happens every year, and most of those people making resolutions lose their resolve within a few days or weeks. I especially want to talk about those resolutions for a "new start" at life. I just want to say to those people, I really appreciate and understand your heart and desire, but there is something lacking to your resolution. If you want a "new start" they what you really need is to be born again. I'm not talking about a resolve to "be better" or "act better" or stop a bad habit. I'm not talking about religion. I'm talking about a radical and powerful transformation that takes place when the spirit man inside of us is quickened to life through the power of the Holy Spirit and the blood of Jesus Christ. All of your good intentions will not bring about the change that you are seeking. That work can only be done by Jesus Christ. And the really great news is that Jesus has already finished that work! All that need be done is for you to accept the gift of salvation that God has offered to you and I through the work Jesus did on the cross of Calvary. It is this simple: In the book of Romans 10:9 the Bible says that "if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." That's it! It's as easy as saying, "Jesus, I'm turning my life over to You. From this day forward I'm Yours." If you really want a fresh start in life, why not make that decision today? What better time to turn your life around than today? Why not start the New Year with a brand new life?

No comments: