05 September, 2016

I'm Done

I've been doing a lot of soul-searching over the past few days and I've come to a very difficult reality and a decision. I finally admitted to myself that there are some people in my life who are there only for what they can take, what I can do for them and I only hear from them when they need a favor or are in a jam and need me to bail them out. I've grieved over these people to the point that I've been stressed out trying to keep them involved in my life (and in some cases, the church). But enough. I'm tired of not sleeping. I'm tired of being let down again and again and given all sorts of empty promises. There are people out there who genuinely care, who really want help in changing their life and growing in their walk in the Lord, and I've decided that it is really poor stewardship on my part to give of my time, talents and abilities to people who are only going to use me then push me away. The reality is, that's what they do with God too, and I know that there will be those that tell me I can't make such a decision... but I can, and I have. I'm done chasing people, worrying over people and I'm also tired of being used and abused. No more. It's too much on this tired old preacher and I'm walking away from some folks and closing the door behind me, believing that God will send someone else who just might get through to them.

No comments: