18 July, 2016

I'm Learning!

OK, so I’m 57 years old, and I’m still learning life lessons. Recently I’ve begun to notice some things about my behavior. For instance, I recently noticed how that at times, without really even giving any conscious consideration, I will find myself suddenly I’ll let out a big, heavy sigh. Maybe it sounds like a no-brainer to you, but I’ve just finally begun to realize that when I do this, there is something underlying in me that is bugging me. I mean, it might be a beautiful day and all in all, things are going well, but something is still there… laying hold of my subconscious mind… and that “something” is casting a shadow over my entire life. Wherever I go, there it is.… haunting me like yesterday’s garlic pizza. This is how it goes when you allow a negative thought to remain unchecked and not dealt with. As my favorite TV detective would say, “Here’s the thing…”  I’m learning that where the mind goes, the man soon will follow.  I really
My negative thoughts start causing me to feel anxious and unsettled… and soon irritable. So, I am learning that how I am thinking will affect how I feel physically. Can I tell you that this is not a recipe for having a prosperous and fulfilling day?  The Bible tells us in Proverbs 16:24, “pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweetness to the mind and health to the body.” If we want healthy lives, then we can’t allow the thoughts that come into our head to dominate and dictate our life. I often tell my church members that you cannot help what thought comes into your mind… but you have absolute control over what you do with that thought once it comes. That’s why Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 10:5 that we should “take every thought captive.  He also wrote what to think about after we’ve caught those thoughts... whatsoever things are pure, just, honest, of good reports, think on these things (Philippians 4:8).
So, you ask just what is it I’m learning? I’m learning how to “set my mind.” What I’m discovering is that just like we have to reset our alarm clock when the power goes out, we have to reset our mind. You see, our mind can become unset, or unsettled and disturbed. We all MUST know this and have it settle within us… “God is for us and not against us. It is the enemy of our souls who is against us, but how we settle our mind determines how you settle your day. It may sound overly simple, but what we need do is kick out the uninvited negative thoughts and refocus your thinking on good things!
I share this tonight because I want my readers to be encouraged! The Bible is clear when it says “No weapon formed against you will prosper (Isaiah 54:17). Here’s a key point that we must know and understand. It does not say that weapons will be formed against you… BUT it says those weapons WILL NOT PROSPER.
Go out today knowing that God has spoken healing over you. He speaks peace and prosperity over you Go out and about your day today knowing that if God is for you, who and what can be against you? (Romans 8:31)

No comments: