16 June, 2016

Majesty

Last night I sat here on the balcony watching as a storm grew way out over the ocean. There was flashes of lightning that illuminated the ocean waves below like the flash on a camera. Yet here were I am, I could see the stars dotting the sky. This morning I sat and watched the sunrise as God seemingly painted a masterpiece of brilliant oranges, reds and yellows. Pelicans flew in formation, barely above the surface of the waves. I listened to the beautiful rhythm of the waves crashing in on the shore, and as I took it all in, I heard in my mind these words:

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul, my Savior, God, to Thee
How great Thou art,
How great Thou art.

There may be some who are foolish enough to say "there is no God" but as I survey the majesty of creation, I see the work of a Master... my God..

No comments: