23 April, 2015

Week 5 Update

I'm 5 weeks into this fight to change my life, and I have to say that while at times I get very frustrated, when I stop and give pause to realize what is happening, I am so excited! This past week, I lost 1 pound. Honestly, I was very discouraged when I first realized that I had only lost one pound. But then I got to thinking about it and I thought, "Hey dummy... You LOST a pound!" That means one more chunk of fat the size of what you see pictured above is now out of my body! In 5 weeks and 3 days since I began, I've now lost 15.5 pounds. That's MORE than what my goal was to have lost by July. I still have weeks to go before my first target date and I have already exceeded that goal!  Thank you Jesus!  I mean that sincerely. I've been praying and asking the Lord to help me, not just lose weight, but to make some healthy changes in my life. I'm not going to say it is easy. In fact, I'll say it has been a war. My lifestyle and eating habits have been pitiful for a long, long time and making those changes is not coming easy. I'm still struggling. I have bad days. And you had better believe I have to had to fight the voices inside my head crying out for ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate. My addiction to sugar is real, just like it is for the vast majority of the American people. But I'm learning to control IF, when and how much I allow myself to have now. But I'm not declaring victory, because this will be a long battle and I know it.  And even when the weight is where I want it to be, I cannot just go back to what I was. This as to be a life-long change otherwise I will yo-yo right back to where I was. Already, I am feeling so much better. I have less pain in my body and I have more energy. I can't wait to see how much better I feel this time next year when I'm believing and hoping to have my weight down by another 15 pounds.  I really want to thank all those who have been encouraging me and praying for me as I strive to make these changes in my life.

No comments: