08 April, 2015

Checking In

I just realized that I had not given an update on the endeavor to lose the weight I had packed on over the winter. Probably in my subconscious I was too frustrated to report. Two weekends ago we had to go down to visit my daughter for a couple of days and attend a fundraising dinner with her. I pretty well blew the diet that weekend out of necessity. There was very little I could eat on that trip to stay within my bounds. I did not over-indulge, yet I gained 2 pounds back that week. I regrouped and started back on track when we got home and stuck with it for the most part, but then a woman in the church made me a loaf of home made bread... and I gave in and ate about 3 slices of it. (White bread is strictly a no-no on a low-carb diet.) Still, I've lost that 2 pounds I had gained back, plus another 2, so my total loss is now 13.5 pounds lost in 3 weeks. I'll take that. My goal was to lose 15 pounds by July, so I am doing very well. The real problem is changing my thinking. I am constantly wanting chips and salsa or ice cream. It's hard to change 50 years of bad eating habits!

No comments: