16 March, 2015

Strange & Weird Church Catch Phrases.

So, I'm sitting here catching up friends in ministry on Facebook and as I'm reading some of their posts, my minds starts thinking about some of the strange things we church folks say, and I decided to make a list of some of them. I wonder sometimes; do we even think about what we are saying?

"God showed up today."  Does this mean that usually He doesn't?  

"The Holy Ghost fell."  From where? I thought the Holy Spirit dwelled within us. (Sure hope He did not get hurt!)

"We had church today!"  So... what is it that you usually do? I thought that WE are the church, and what we are doing is worshipping the Lord. Am I missing something?

"We had a great service today. The preacher didn't even get to preach!"  So, let me get this straight. Leaving the life-giving Word of God out of the worship service is the objective?

"God moved today!"  I wonder, did He leave a forwarding address? Seriously... Do you realize you are implying that is an unusual thing for the Spirit of God to move?

"We had a powerful move of God today."  Does that mean that there is a move of God that is not powerful?

"God said it. I believe it. That settles it."  Wow... I'm sure God is happy that you agree with him. Actually, it really does not matter if you believe it or not. If God said it, it's settled.

"The Lord blessed me real good."  So... are there times that the blessing of the Lord is not good?

"God's in the house today!"   Is there ever a time that He is not in the house?

I'm gonna stop here. If you want to add your own... go for it.

No comments: