01 December, 2014

How Does A Guy Win for Losing?

You know, you just can't win for losing sometimes. Yesterday while I was preaching, the Holy Spirit just kept pulling me away from my message to talk about having a spirit of offense and how it will be like a cancer and divide and destroy a church. It seemed like every time I tried to move away from that, I was compelled to go back. I did what I felt the Holy Spirit was leading me to do, even though it had nothing to do with the message I had come to preach. Immediately following service I had someone pull me aside and tell me thank you for allowing the Holy Spirit to move because that was for them and they received what I had to say. Later in the day I got a message from someone who was VERY upset with me because they felt like I was targeting them with what I had to say and that they took it personal. I told them I was NOT speaking about anyone and was only doing what the Holy Spirit prompted me to do and say. This person basically blew me off and said that they knew it was about them whether I admitted it or not. Then, just a little while ago I received a phone call from someone else who told me that I had really upset another person in the church (not the one mentioned above) because they felt like I had attacked them from the pulpit. Right now I'm sitting here asking God, "What?" All I did was follow the prompting of the Holy Spirit. One person took ownership of what I said and thanked me while two others are angry at me. I'm just sitting here scratching my head and saying, "how do I win?" This is why most preachers will tell you that they hate Mondays. 

No comments: