08 January, 2014

Well played Kraft

Yesterday Kraft issued a news release claiming that there was "a shortage of Velveeta."  The reason they gave was "high demand" for the product this time of year. You've got to be kidding me. Like Kraft does not know from previous years that the season from Thanksgiving to Christmas and of course leading into the NFL playoffs and Superbowl that there is going to be a sharp increase in the use of Velveeta as everyone makes the Queso dip. Can you say "price gouge" folks? Watch prices increase significantly over the next few weeks. American's are so gullible. People ought to simple refuse to buy it this year... but they won't. They reported on the radio yesterday that the stuff was flying off the grocery shelves as people feared they would not be able to find it for their Superbowl parties. Well played Kraft.

Frankly, I don't care. I'm only guessing, but I'd say it has been at least 7 or 8 years since I bought my last box of Veleeta. I don't eat fake cheese.

No comments: