18 August, 2012

Seems Like a Long Time Ago


I'm sitting here thinking back...
Back to the early days of when I first met Jesus and my life was transformed.
I'm thinking about how much things have changed.
And man, am I ever glad that they have.

As I was thinking back, I remembered a song from long ago, and when I went back and listened to it, it just spoke my heart for me.
Here are the words:

Seems like a long time ago 
I was always looking down on myself 
Wishing I was somebody else 
That was only yesterday 
Thank God yesterday's gone.

Looks like a long bridge has been crossed 
Feels like some deep wounds have been healed 
Things that I thought I would never get over 
Time has taken care of the pain 
And it seems like a long time ago.

I've got to look forward to tomorrow 
'Cause I've still got a long way to go 
And though there may be a little more sorrow 
I'll know to take it slow 
And, before too long, I'll be able to look back and say 
Seems like a long time ago

Thank God yesterday's gone

No comments: