31 March, 2012

Right On Time

Our God is always right on time. I was feeling a bit down last night and this morning when I woke up I was still feeling a bit discouraged, and questioning God, "is it me? Do I need to move on?" Deep in my spirit, I knew it was not time for that, but you can only get kicked in the teeth so many times before you start questioning yourself. When I got up, I got my breakfast and a cup of coffee and came in to check my email. The first 2 email messages in my box were from friends in the ministry, one in Berlin and the other in Uganda. I had not heard from the one in Berlin in a long time, maybe a year, so I was quite surprised when I saw his name in my inbox. I thought perhaps he was writing to see if perhaps we could meet up  this summer when he comes to the United States for the Church of God General Assembly.  When I opened the email, I found that God had spoken a word to him to give to me. He said that the Lord had given him this word for my church. Here is what he wrote:

Do not drink out of every spring or pond.
I, Myself want to give you clean and clear “Living Water”.
I, Myself want to quench your thirst by My inspired and anointed Words.
I will bless the humble; the proud I will resist.
The conceited walks blindly past My blessings, never having noticed anything.
Be careful who you are traveling with and who tries to attach himself to you.


My child, when you have found Me, you do not have to keep looking.
In Me you will find everything you need.
I will answer all of your questions.
In My Word,( the bible), you get the direction and road-map for your life.
Follow My suggestions.  Stop running around like a headless chicken,
when I, the Lord, stand in front of you and say: Come to Me, I will give
you food for your soul.

That word spoke volumes to me for my church, and I can only hope people will listen.

When I opened the second email, from my friend in Uganda also had a word for me. It was much more personal and it was exactly what I needed to hear this morning. That message said:


There is hope in your future, declares the Lord your God!!! Imagine a tree which is of much less value than you!!! There is hope for it, if it is cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its tender shoots will not cease. Though its root may grow old in the earth, and its stump may die in the ground, yet at the scent of water it will bud and bring forth branches like a plant (Job 14:7-9, Jeremiah 31:17, Proverbs 23:18).


Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid; there is surely hope in your future and your hope will never be cut off. Behold, at the scent of the promised Word for God you will bud and bring forth branches like a plant in Jesus Name. See, you are sprouting again!!!

What I see in these messages is God saying once again... Be still. Preach the Word. God will take care of the rest. I saddened by those who will proclaim God is blessing them abundantly, yet still choose to walk away. But that's not on me. I find my rest in Him.

No comments: