26 January, 2012
The Jezebel Spirit
Jezebel was a witch, and her spirit of witchcraft is still in operation today in the church, and in the world. It will take both a Jehu and the cooperation of the injured victims (spiritual eunuchs) to kill her again.
The Jezebel spirit is a sociopath. Behaviors you might see (3 or more):
1. They gain power by attacking/destroying others. They seek to influence people and pull them away from the leadership of others. If they "leave a church" they can never do it alone, but they will always take others with them, and draw them to themselves, making themselves out to be a "spiritual leader" to them. The problem is, they are leading them astray, to their own destruction. It is like an adrenalin rush when they “win” over someone. They manage to get in positions of authority, and are difficult to displace, once there.
2. They are controlling, manipulative, bossy.
3. They can either be war-like in their personalities, so that they are intimidating,
so “sweet,” “perfect,” deceitful, “timid” and sneaky, they are able to fool and recruit others to join them. Sometimes they can be very charming and charismatic.
In fact, they are usually a blending of the two! They turn on the sweet and charm to lure folks in, and then "sweetly" spew venom out to turn these against their pastor/leader.
4. They are critical of others, (while, ironically, pointing out how the other person is critical/judgmental). They are vicious to the point of becoming bloodthirsty.
5. They are never wrong.
6. (As already stated) They recruit others in their charges against their victims. They act to persuade recruits, and do not give up this activity until the recruits are won over. If the potential recruits do not cooperate and buy into things, this angers them, and eventually they will turn on their recruit, telling them that "God is leading them" to distance themselves from the recruit.
7. They are narcissic. While they can tend to be oversensitive themselves, they have no concern for the feelings of others. They are not sympathetic to their victims, and tend to play the role of victim themselves, in order to gain sympathy. This way the real victim is left stranded, and opposed by others if they ask for help. Being the center of attention really pleases them. They convince their recruits that this is "God's judgment" upon the victim.
8. They lie, and they believe their own lie. Avoiding the truth, or intentionally acting to withhold truth is part of this. They present a completely false or heavily slanted picture to others concerning their victim.
9. They are very impulsive, fail to plan ahead and can be quite chaotic at times. They can "love" their leader one minute, and turn on him on a dime. They change churches frequently, (every year or two) always leaving "because the Holy Spirit led" them and always leaving with others attached at their hip and attacking the leadership of the church where they had been.
10. They have a complete lack of remorse after hurting someone. They justify the harm they have done as "God's judgment" upon them.
11. They are consistently irresponsible... always starting tasks (ministries) that they "felt led" to begin, but then "feel led" to abandon. This is NOT a Godly characteristic!
12. They are people of great irritability, aggressiveness (open , or subtle), can be quick tempered, harsh and cruel.
13. They have a failure to conform to social norms. This type person is an “outlier” or non-conformist and always has their own way(s).
14. Psychological counseling will not help this person, since they deny what they are.
15. They often claim to very "spiritual" and need not submit themselves to a pastor or other leader because they "hear from God" themselves. However, they are very superficial in devotion, mostly dependent upon the latest book or TV or radio sermon. They have a pitiful sense of discernment, and are drawn to teaching that appeases themselves.
16. The Jezebel spirit is almost always seen in a women, but can be men. The women tend to be very controlling of men, often with sex. They pick passive (or spiritually weak) men (Ahabs) so they can dominate them.
17. This woman is usually married, but has a very poor marriage. If they are single, they could be lesbian, (or a homosexual man, or promiscuous man.)
18. They falsely accuse you, and they do NOT forgive you... ever.
How to break this spirit:
Since these individuals usually have achieved some level of authority where others look up to them, only someone who outranks them, or a group effort will work. If you are a woman, you need to strong and self confident. If you are a man, you need to be the same, and also not be influenced by threats or tears out of a woman. You also need to have enough male hormone to stand up to her.
1. Be sure you are not enabling this person; ie. you are not an “Ahab”
2. Gather facts about the person’s activity and behavior, be able to prove it. You have to start by addressing real behavior. You cannot start by telling someone “they have a spirit.” Be prepared to question the person why they behave that way. Make a list of wrongs. Be prepared.
3. Gather witnesses, who are also sincere believers (if in a church setting), or other credible authority figures, because the person will attack back, and deny everything. The aggressive types will use their authority to abuse, criticize, & threaten you, and try to have you discredited, or removed. The more sneaky types go into “victim hood” mode, immediately trying to solicit and recruit support, and make you look like you are the abusive one.
4. Isolate the person. make sure their own recruits (buddies) are not around. It gets its power from others….so if you get it alone, it is more vulnerable, and more easily defeated. You have to remove the source of its power and “gang up” on it.
5. Confront the person with the facts. – expect denial. They will lie through their teeth!!
6. Reject the person’s behavior based on the facts. Tell the person they will not be accepted back into the group unless they repent.
7. If the person repents – showing willingness to change- then
a. In a Church setting – as a group, bind and cast out the demonic spirit in Jesus name, and persist until it is gone.
Expect high resistance, since it is a controlling (witch) spirit.
There will be screaming and yelling before it is cast out.
It will try to attack you and call you names.
Also, expect and ignore plays of “victim hood” during deliverance.
Sometimes the spirit cycles between being the attacker, and being a victim.
This is to confuse you, so do not give in.
b. In a secular setting – document records, give warning that future behavior will be monitored. This is because their basic nature has not changed yet, and an eventual repeat of behavior will occur. If it does, the person needs to be expelled from that environment.
8. Once the spirit is gone, the person needs support and counseling to examine how the spirit entered to begin with, so they can close the door on further attempts by the spirit to enter.
9. If the person does NOT repent, then cut off ties with the person, telling them forgiveness and deliverance is available to them.
If you do not cut off ties, they will worry you to death and destroy your peace.