02 May, 2011

A "Dude!" Moment

Every now and then, something is said or written that makes me stop and go, "DUDE!"  
This morning was one of those times. (And no, it was not about Bin Laden's death.) No, I was browsing the net and saw where someone penned these words:

"What if your prayers were published?
That’s a fascinating (and slightly scary) thought, isn’t it? What if every prayer you prayed, word for word, somehow ended up on the Internet so that anyone, anywhere could read them? Would your prayers be worth reading if they were published? And would they qualify for the pages of Holy Scripture or would they be fit for the National Enquirer? 
If prayer is the language of the heart, what is your heart saying?"

I'm telling you... That is a thought provoking question.
I was actually going to write about this, but after posting it here, I think it best to let it stand on it's own and let each think this one out for themselves. I think I'll wait and post my thoughts on this later today and leave each of us to chew on this one for awhile...

"If prayer is the language of the heart, what is your heart saying?"

No comments: