20 January, 2011

Long Day

Been a really long day... and honestly, not the most productive day either. I spent literally hours on the phone today. I haven't had a day like this in a long time (thank you Lord) and I forgot how stressful they can be. Not that all the calls were bad. They weren't.  In fact, there was some really encouraging calls as people called to give testimonies about what God was doing in their lives. Those are always so cool, and they are uplifting to me when I receive them. But there were a couple of calls that just sucked the life out of me... at least temporarily. I'm sure that it did not help that 1) there was so many calls just back to back, and 2) I'm in the early days of a low-carb diet, and as is normal for me, in days 2-4 or 5 of this diet I go through a low, with no energy, and I feel almost like I have the flu, without the vomiting. The good news is, that in my first 3 days on the diet, I've already lost 4 pounds. I sure am looking forward to the energy to kick in though. If you've never done this diet, when the "low" period is over, it is as if someone shot you full of speed. I need that... like now!


After my wife went to bed tonight, I decided to just spend a bit of time in worship. I needed that bad. The day was a continuous drain, and I've learned that when I am drained, I need to spend a little time in the presence of the Lord. I don't know what I'd do if I did not have Jesus in my life. I don't even want to think about it. Lived that nightmare for way too long, and I'll never go back. Through the blood of Jesus, I have life!

No comments: