09 December, 2010

I'm Borrowing this Prayer

I received an email from one of my "Internet friends" (someone whom I've never met, but we've been communicating by email, messaging boards and phone calls now for about 11 years. In this email, he had sent me a bit of information about a man named David Brainerd who was a missionary to the Native Americans. Brainerd lived just a brief life, dying at the age of 29 in 1747, but apparently God used his life in a very powerful way. I'm going to have to do some more research on his life and ministry, but one thing that struck me was a simple but powerful prayer that Brainerd prayed regularly. His prayer simply was: "God, let me make a difference for you that is utterly disproportionate to who I am."  


Wow! That is awesome! There just is not a word for what I feel inside as I think on that prayer.

I'm adopting this prayer into my life from this day on. 

No comments: