21 September, 2010

How Big Is Our National Debt?

I heard these numbers while ago and thought them to be flawed so I checked them out for myself, and assuming that I am doing my math correctly, then these numbers are in fact accurate. 


It was said that if you opened a business the year that Jesus Christ was born and that business was still in operation today, and that business made one million dollars every single day from that day through today, you still would not have made one Trillion dollars. 
Let's round off numbers for simplicity sake and make it an even 2000 years.
At 365 days per year, that is $365,000,000 each year.
Multiply that times 2000 years and you would have made $730,000,000,000 during that time.
If you are like me and slightly math challenged, that is $730 Billion dollars.
Let that sink in.
A million dollars per day for 2000 years to make $730 Billion.
That's still $270 BILLION dollar shy of one Trillion.


And our national debt is now more than $13 TRILLION.






God help us! Come Lord Jesus!

2 comments:

adesola njoku said...

The Dawghowse is a place inside the head of husband, father and Pastor Darrell Garrett. This is important in getting how big our national debt is.

Darrell said...

Absolutely! As a husband, father and Pastor, this is critical to each aspect of who I am and who I am relationship to. If you can't see that, then you truly have no idea what it means to be husband, father or pastor.