29 September, 2010

Be Still

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10 

What a simple but powerful statement. "Be still, and know that I am God."  We need only to be still to know the glory of the Lord. But let's be honest... how often are we still? Life for most of us is like a whirlwind.  The world we live in has grown out of control and is now 24/7/365.  Gone is the slower paced life of the world in which I grew up in. Television never stops, stores never close, and there is always something else going on... and as a result, we can not sleep, let alone simply stand and be still for a single moment... for we fear it will pass us by. We are always afraid we will miss something.  But really, what does it matter if the world does pass us by for this moment?  We desperately need to learn to slow down and take a moment be still and listen... to touch the eternal God through prayer or meditation on His word. 

Life has been really crazy in my own little part of the world, and tonight I hear God speaking... crying out in a whisper to me; "Be still. Know I am God."
Time to find a quiet place to be with the Lord.


No comments: