21 July, 2008

Save our Starbucks!


The list came out from Starbucks of stores they plan to close, and Galesburg was on that list. I think this is really unfortunate and not really fair because this Starbucks has not even been open for a year yet, and the first 5 months that it was open, the management of the store was pretty bad. Since the change in December, the place is run much better and I, for one, have gone back much more frequently. Many that I have talked to are just now warming up to Starbucks because when they first tried it, it was run so badly that they did not return. I have to confess that my first two visits to the store were bad enough that I did not return for almost 6 months. It took word of mouth advertisement from others to convince me to go back. Since then, I am a regular, having all but forsaken my previous coffee hangout. (Which if you know me, that is saying a lot!)

One thing I love about Starbucks is that they stay open late, where "the other place" changed their hours some time back and they are not open in the evening at all. (Bad move Mike and Johon!)

There is an online petition that you can sign if you'd like to try to help save our Starbucks. Will they listen? Who knows... but I do know that if we sit down and keep our mouths shut, Starbucks will be gone in just a short time.

If you want to sign the petition, here is the link: Save Our Starbucks

No comments: