22 February, 2007

Farewell Chief

Tonight was the final performance of Chief Illiniwek. The NCAA has determined that the Chief was offensive to Native Americans and ruled that the school must stop allowing the Chief to appear at games and that the team must stop using the logo that portrays his image.
I will go on record as saying that I think this is a sad day in Illinios, and for this nation that this politically correct crowd is forcing this kind of non-sense. I have a very strong "Indian" background and I am proud of it, and I do not find the Chief to be offensive at all. This group that spearheaded this movement to bannish Chief Illiniwek from U Of I has already listed the other schools and professional teams that they plan to go after. I'm sick of them already.

As a tribute to Chief Illiniwek, here is a clip of his final performance earlier tonight.

No comments: