27 March, 2006

Remembering the Beginning

It's a little after 11:30 Monday night, and I'm wired, so I doubt there will be much sleep tonight. I was sitting here at my computer working on the study that I will begin Wednesday night, and I started thinking about the change in worship in our church, and suddenly I remembered the very first post I made on this blog. It was about people being afraid or embarrassed to worship God publicly. One comment I made in that post was "You will never do in the church house what you are not accustomed to doing at home." It is my earnest desire that our church would become a people who learn to worship Jesus with our lives.
We are beginning to see a breakthrough in our church, especially in the area of worship, but it must be carried outside the four walls of the church if we are really going to become a New Testament church. A vital part of our worship (worth-ship) is that we feel that Jesus is worthy of our sharing with others. Isn't it funny that if we find a new kind of coffee, or some food or other product that we like or enjoy, we tell all our family and friends with great excitement. "Dude, you have got to try the new Black Cherry Vanilla Coke! It's the bomb!"
But when's the last time we shared Christ like that?

Just something to think about.

You can read that first post here

2 comments:

Deborha's Palm Tree said...

Hello Pastor..
There's a little lull at work right now so I thought I would check in. You are so right about that. Recently my pastor spoke about this same thing. He stated that many approached him to go on missions; however, when he asked those same people how many people had shared the Gospel in the last week...no-one had. Sad, but true. How do we think we can go to the nations if we can't talk to those in our workplace, neighborhoods or even homes? How do we expect to see God move if we aren't willing to spend time with HIM in private? Well, enough said..I just can't wait to be in a corporate setting again to see what God is going to do next!

God Bless...

Pastor Jeff said...

You know, that's been in my heart lately, too. I was just talking with a brother in Christ here at work about this. Worship of Christ extends beyond a song, a suit, and a sermon on Sunday morning. If Christ is really the focus of our worship, if we are really expressing to him just how much he means to us, then sharing him with others really puts the cap on his worth.

It's been said that word of mouth is the best form of advertising. Perhaps that is why God says in Ps. 107:2 "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he has redeemed from the hand of the enemy".